BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, February 22, 2008

My Phone is Too Smart



I've already mentioned on this blog that I love technology, but am not technosmart. Just before Christmas I bought a new desktop and I am still in transition. When I moved my "contacts" to the new machine, all of my e-mail groups disappeared. I have no idea where they went, but I hope they come back soon. I have already expressed my displeasure with Word 2007. It looks nothing like Word 2003 and I'm not really in the mood for the learning curve. I would much rather spend my time learning PhotoShop Elements and playing with photos. That brings me to my newest technotoy.
I upgraded to a smartphone a couple of weeks ago. It's a Blackberry Curve 8310. I got a RED one!!! Any true OU fan would opt for red over black or grey. Since I am on an AT&T account, I had the option of a Samsung smartphone or an IPhone. A friend of mine has an IPhone and loves it. I just didn't want to pay $299 or $399 for an IPhone when I got mine for $99 after rebates. I think I'm really going to like it as soon as I figure out where all of the stuff is that it can do. One thing that really took my back was the profiles setting. The profile tells the phone how to act under certain conditions. For example, when you set the phone on Normal, it will have a certain ring at a certain volume, etc. That is the Normal profile. My phone has a two part Normal profile. You set the profile for when the phone is in it's holster and when it is out of it's holster! How does it know? I can set it for a ringtone while it is out of the holster and for vibrate while in the holster, both under the Normal profile. This is too cool! I can put a 2GB micro SD card in it and save a million songs in MP3 format. It has a camera, which I find pretty useless. If I want good pictures, I'll bring a real digital camera. I can add up to 10 e-mail accounts and sync my Outlook calendar to this thing. That is next on my "to do" list. I have my home e-mail account added but not my office or my yahoo e-mail account. Like I said, I think it's smarter than I am.
Well it's Friday and I said I would start a new tradition of closing the week with a Gospel song.
Enjoy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the video! In the past I actually sang this song as a duet for worship service. It touches my heart.

Unknown said...

Good luck with learning your new phone. It took me over 2 years to figure out how to email a picture from my phone to something other than another phone. I felt like a complete dork!

Thank for stopping by. You're right Danny must have been a little damp! I have to admit, I was most entertained when he was on stage and not necessarily when he was singing!

Sandee said...

My husband is good with electronics, but I'm terrible. I would lose everything trying to switch something. I can work my blog and that's it. Good luck with your learning curve. Have a great day and weekend. :)

Travis Cody said...

Being a tech ijit, I admit to being afraid of these new phones.