BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Fun With Photoshop

Recently I took a business trip to Orlando. Since I got into town early I had the opportunity to revisit Downtown Disney and take a few photos that I was unable to get while on vacation. The middle of the afternoon, in the middle of September is the best time to take these photos, because the crowds are significantly smaller. Anyway, at Downtown Disney there is a Lego pavilion. This sea serpent is constructed completly from legos...the little ones! I took this photo for starters.Next I cropped it a bit and it the "Auto Smart Fix" button. Then I added a little contrast with the "Adjust Color Curves" option. I realize that there doesn't appear to be much difference between the two photos, but I did, in fact, perform these operations.

Then, just for fun, I hit the "Solarize" button in the Adjust Color/Color Curves menu. BAM!!! Now we have a whole different photograph. He really takes on an artistic, cartoon flavor.

I'll post some of the other Lego characters a little later. Stay tuned.

5 comments:

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Way cool...I like the colorize feature a lot.

DoubleDeckerBusGuy said...

Sid and Marty Krofft would be proud! :)

Looks good... nice use of the filters!

storyteller said...

How fun … I’ve been playing with Photoshop Elements for a few months too … sharing things on both blogs, but I’ve not used ‘colorize’ yet. I’ll need to give that a try. It’s all very ‘kewl’ ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

maryt/theteach said...

Saw these Lego "sculptures" in Downtown Disney when I was there 2 years ago! Loved them! The solarized photo is incredible! :)

Travis Cody said...

I love Legos!