BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Thursday Thirteen No. 16

I'm going to be out of town and out of touch next week, so there will not be a Thrusday Thirteen from me. I know, I can hear the disappointment running rampant now. The result is that I am going to leave you with a long T13 this week. I don't expect you to get through it the first time, but I suspect that some of you will return to see and hear some of the videos that will be posted below.
My faith is the anchor in my life. I love music in general and I love the music of the Church most of all. The Hymns of the Faith are part of the foundation of the Church. They teach us about God's love, His saving grace, the joy of our salvation, the reason that we have to praise Him. The great Hymns of the Faith are a source of strength, comfort and security during the storms of life. They are a source of joy when we sing them. They are a tool to teach our children Bible verses and about the character of God. They are a great means of sharing the God's mercy and grace with those who have yet to experience it. Hymns give us comfort in times of sorrow and grief. I could probably list a hundred hymns here, but I have chosen thirteen of my favorites. There are some videos as well that I think you may enjoy. So I give you my thirteen favorite hymns in no particular order.
Take your time, come back at your leisure, listen to all of them and let me know which is your favorite. The following songs are brought to you as a result of the power, grace, mercy, love, and glory of Jesus Christ active in the lives of His people. Amen and amen!

1. Amazing Grace - LeAnn Rimes


2. How Great Thou Art - Crystal Lewis


3. Blessed Assurance - The Issacs


4. I'll Fly Away - Kim Hopper/David Phelps


5. Peace in the Valley - Faith Hill


6. Then I Shall Live - Gaither Vocal Band/Signature Sound Quartet


7. Victory In Jesus -Cynthia Clawson/Mike Allen/Joy Gardner


8. There is a Fountain - Selah


9. Power in the Blood - Larie White



10. Because He Lives - Allison Durham Speer


11. Just As I Am - Brian Doerksen


12. It is Well With My Soul - Wesley Pritchard/David Phelps


13. All Hail the Power - Avalon

20 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

Thanks for bringing me up to date on what's out there in this musical market! Great stuff.

Shesawriter said...

I love Amazing Grace. :-)

Happy TT!

Thirteen of my favorite Romantic Movies

Melanie said...

My computer acted goofy trying to play them. I will have to come back later. Looks like a GREAT list though!!

Sandee said...

How Great Thou Art is my favorite. Have a great TT. :)

Open Grove Claudia said...

I hope you have a nice trip - sorry, I didn't see where you were going! I do love these hymns. It's fun to see them sung by contemporary people - but singing them in the middle of a choir? That's really the best.

Happy TT!

SJ Reidhead said...

For someone who is going out of town, you sure spent a lot of time on this!

SJR
The Pink Flamingo
http://thepinkflamingo.blogharbor.com/blog

tasha said...

Great music!! I love "There is a Fountain" by Selah and Blesssed Assurance. Good TT!

Joyismygoal said...

Just did the first one and it is so awesome one of my fav hymns did you see the movie? it was Amazing as it was titled

Anonymous said...

what an amazing list!! There are too many good ones here to choose a favorite! Thank you for taking the time to put this together, it is such an encouraging post! I may just have to link to this post later to send others to for encouragement!
Have a great trip and see you when your back.
Kristine

Unknown said...

I love Selah very good choices.

The Gal Herself said...

The thing I love about your list is that they celebrate the Lord's unconditional love. As you said, that can be the most effective anchor life has to offer us. Thanks for the list (& thanks for visiting my TT)

ellen b. said...

Can't pick just one. I like them all but #6, 7 and 11 are the stand outs for me in this group...

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Interesting selection of music...will come back and make sure I listen to them all

Have a good week...see you when you get back

Nicole Austin said...

Amazing Grace is such a great song!

Happy TT!

Forgetfulone said...

Amazing Grace! Have a nice trip!

Angie said...

I love that you love some of the old hymns! That is what I grew up on and I love them as well. I never could get into the more contemporary christian music. I'm an old fashioned girl.

Great TT this week, drillah. As usual.

(I think I say that every week. hee hee)

Sarge Charlie said...

Amazing Grace, my mama wanted it sang at her funeral, after the song I spoke and remembered the times she sang in when I was a child, this was a highlight in my life.

maryt/theteach said...

DrillerAA, thanks for commenting on my TT post. Thanks for sharing all those songs! :)

storyteller said...

What a wonderful group of hymns ... it's hard to pick a favorite because I love them all. This was an excellent idea for a T-13 since you'll be gone. Hope you have a marvelous time.
Hugs and blessings,

Anonymous said...

WONDERFUL to sit and listen!
Thanks!