BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Thursday Thirteen No. 30

Thirteen Reality Television Shows
Ever since the last writers strike the television landscape has been changed forever by reality shows. They come in every concept you can imagine. Some are great, some are OK, and some aren't worth the effort. Here are thirteen that I am aware of. Some I watch, some I don't.

1. Survivor:
The mother of all reality shows and I have never gotten interested in this show.
2. American Idol: I watch this one religiously! I post on AI blogs. I know more about AI than my wife. I am an AI junkie.
3. The Biggest Loser: The name says it all. I don't watch.
4. Nashville Star: This show was great when it was on USA network. NBC bought it and ruined it. Billy Ray Cyrus is the worst host in television history!
5. The Bachelor: Nope not interested.
6. Dancing With the Stars: I took ballroom dancing lessons from 7th -11th grade and love it. I watch this show most of the time and do enjoy it.
7. The Amazing Race: File this one with Survivor. I have never connected with this show.
8. So You Think You Can Dance: There is some truly amazing talent on this show and Cat Deely is the best host on reality television.
9. Circus of the Stars?: I'm not even sure of the name of this show. That ought to tell you I don't watch it.
10. America's Got Talent: Maybe so, but not much of it is on this show. It is little more than the twenty-first century version of The Gong Show. I don't watch this one.
11. Big Brother: I watched the first three seasons, lost interest and really haven't watched any of it since season 5. I tried watching this latest edition, but I just can't do it anymore. If I wanted this in my life, I'd just hang around a bunch of junior high girls.
12. America's Greatest Dog: What! There is such a show? No thanks.
13. Last Comic Standing: I watch this one from time to time. I like it for the most part, but I just haven't worked it into my schedule. Probably won't.

Did you see your favorite listed?

14 comments:

Malcolm said...

The only "reality" show that I ever watched on a regular basis was MTV's "The Real World". I quit watching it during the 4th season, which was back in 1995.

Forgetfulone said...

I actually avoid reality shows. They oughta make one about a dog. I might watch! I've seen wife swap. The first season was fine, but they went over the edge in the 2nd season. I don't watch, Dancing with the Stars, Survivor, Big Brother, etc. Maybe Last Comic.

Pretty Life Online said...

Great list here! Happy TT! Mine's up too hope you can drop by.. Have a great day!

Hootin Anni said...

I don't watch ANY of them. Personally, I think they all are a waste. Bring back the good entertainment. LOL

Happy T-13...hope your day treats you well. Come on by if you can find time, this week Jefé's back with her Thursday Humor...........

DoubleDeckerBusGuy said...

I actually hadn't thought about it, but you're bang on about "America's Got Talent" being in the sights of a law suit by Chuck Barris for stealing his idea!

Kristi said...

The only one I really get into is the Biggest Loser...however, I have gotten sucked into The Mole for the last few weeks. Happy T13.

~RaenWa~ said...

I have tried and I just can't get into reality tv shows there are seriosuly way to many out there. Happy TT

Sandee said...

Not playing, but wanted to comment. Enjoy what you love to watch. That's what life is all about. Have a great day. :)

Dawn said...

Great list! I found it interesting that only 1 out of the 11 'Bachelors' is still with the person they picked. Why do they keep making this show??? Who actually watches this and why?

orneryswife said...

I've never seen any of them. I have heard of American Idol and Survivor, does that count?
TM

storyteller said...

I confess I don’t watch much TV at all, but I watch almost no ‘reality’ television (seems like a misnomer somehow). Of the ones on your list I’ve watched American Idol and America’s Got Talent a few times … caught a couple of episodes of Dancing with the Stars this last season, but I’m hooked on So You Think You Can Dance and watch this one regularly … recording it on my DVR so I don’t miss any of it.
Hugs and blessings,

Travis Cody said...

As you know we share enjoyment of Idol, DWTS, and SYTYCD. I will disagree in one respect though. While I enjoy Cat Deeley and think she does a fantastic job, I think Tom Bergeron is the best host in the genre.

Although, nobody got nuthin' on Cat's LEGS LEGS LEGS LEGS!

Unknown said...

I was never a huge reality fan until AI came out. I tried watching Survivor but I felt like I had to take a shower afterwords, so much back stabbing. I didn't watch Nashville Star when it was on USA but I did try to watch it this season. I only lasted two shows. Billy Ray is HORRIBLE. Cat, on the other hand, is perfect! I adore her although some of her wardrobe choices are questionable.

Other shows I love are Top Chef, Project Runway, and Shear Genius.

Go Joshua!!!!

maryt/theteach said...

Driller, the only reality show I know about is "So you think you can dance" because Travis tells us all about it! HA! Don't like them at all! But I do remember the Gong Show! Ha! :)