BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Friday's Thoughts

Next week is going to be a busy week. I'll be out of the office four days on business. Saturday the 27th my wife and I will participate in a walk for ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease). A friend of ours is in the final days of his battle with this illness. In honor of him, over 700 members of our church, his friends and family will participate in this event. Over $15,000 will have been raised by his team. Through it all, he has been a testimony of faith. The verse that his family have claimed is Psalms 73:26, "My health may fail and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart, He is mine forever." AMEN!!! Above all else, my friend knows that God has prepared a place for him in heaven and he is ready to go home. He will tell you that he knows that his redeemer lives!!

My Redeemer Lives - Nicole C. Mullen

5 comments:

Travis Cody said...

Good luck with your walk. I asked for my MDA donation this year to go toward ALS. The last few years I've been putting it toward Duchenne.

Have a great weekend!

Sandee said...

My mother died of ALS. It's an awful disease. She is in heaven too. What a wonderful thing you and your wife are doing, along with other members of your church. Bless all of you. Have a great day/weekend sweetie. :)

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

great cause you are walking for...Congrats and good thoughts for your friend.

Amy, aka ABB said...

Great cause. Terrible disease. We spread our "wealth" between ALS, Duchennes MD, Diabetes, and the Foundation for Fighting Blindness. All causes that have affected us in some way. Enjoy your walk and have a safe trip.

Anonymous said...

You have received an award. Please stop by my blog to pick it up.