BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, May 16, 2009

What a Revolting Development This Is

This morning I was working on my next Ruby Tuesday post when I kept getting an error message telling me that an error had occurred when trying to upload my photo. When I pressed the help link, I was told that I had exceeded the free storage capacity of my Google account. What a revolting development this is. I can purchase 10G of storage for $20 per year. Since this is just a hobby, it kind of goes against my grain to purchase anything on this "free" account. I guess I could delete old posts with photos or YouTube clips, but this is kind of an electronic journal (diary) of my life for the past couple of years and, since I am part pack rat, the thought of tossing my old posts out the window also rubs me the wrong way. It seems that I am faced with either not being able to post photos on this blog (that'll never work) or shutting down this blog and starting over somewhere else (that just seems wrong). What to do, what to do. I guess I could use one of my other blog names that I have created (Driller's Place or Driller's Photos)but have never posted anything to. That would get me another couple of years of posting. If you've got any suggestions, I'm open to all ideas.



5 comments:

Travis Cody said...

Really? That doesn't sound right.

Anonymous said...

You can also host your photos on flicr.com or photobucket.com for free (up to their limit) and paste the code into your post.

I just started a new blog, partly because I was almost to my limit, partlt because I wanted to move to wordpress.

Anonymous said...

Sorry... Flickr.com

Robin said...

hmmm...I dunno, but whatever you do...don't leave us...k? I mean, if you do leave us...a forwarding address would be nice (Im such a neophyte when it comes to computer stuff!)

MylittleQnRshop said...

My sympathy alas this is a free site. Anyway you can create another blog using different account and link it. Like barb said you can use flickr, picasa etc for pictures and link it here.
All the best looking fwd to your new blog.